For Over 20 Years
The Process: New Homes, Additions, & Remodeling
At Travis Miller Homes, we build new homes, remodel specific rooms, add a room addition, or we can remodel the entire house! We have created stunning homes throughout Southwest Missouri for over 20 years. Give us a call to get started!
Deciding to Build Your Dream Home?
The decision to build or remodel your home can be overwhelming. The hardest part? Getting started. Travis Miller Homes starts working with you the moment you decide to build or remodel. We’ll help you design the perfect space and coordinate with the countless professionals involved in the building/remodeling process.
Choose a builder who will prepare thoroughly, walk you through every plan, communicate well, and stay organized. Choose Travis Miller Homes.
We’re Here to Help, Start to Finish
The first step of building a custom home is choosing a location. It’s essential to have a builder help you with this step, to make sure you’re getting the best site to suit your ideas and your budget. With over 20 years of building industry experience, Travis Miller can answer any questions you have about the placement of the home, water runoff issues, building code requirements, and potential hidden costs.
After you’ve chosen a location, the building process typically goes something like this:
- Honing in your vision, deciding on a budget, and how you want this home to function.
- Beginning the design process with a professional architect and/or designer. Typically, remodels do not require an expert and can be designed by Travis and the homeowner—depending on the complexity of the project.
- Once the design is established, we can help you create a budget based on materials, any speciality items to be incorporated, or any green building applications.
- Need help with financing? Travis can help put you in contact with local lenders.
Time to Build!
- After the design and financing are complete, it’s time to start your project! As the homeowner, you will receive updates about new decisions that need to be made to stay on time and within budget.
- Decisions can include windows, doors, shingles, trim, paint colors, etc. Our team will help assist you throughout the decision making progress.
- Consistent onsite meetings to address any changes needed and update project progress will occur.
Time To Move In!
- After completing your project, Travis will communicate with you about the features of your new home, a list of materials used to complete your project, and all necessary subcontractor contacts and warranty information.
- Finishing your project is always a reason to celebrate, but Travis and his team will stay in contact with you and address any issues that may occur. In addition, Travis will stay in contact with you for many years to come.
What Sets Us Apart
Communication is a key factor between the builder, homeowner, vendors, and sub-contractors. As your builder, Travis will listen attentively and offer consistent, clear communication to help you build or remodel your dream home!
Office: (417) 724-0973
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed